TEHRAN (MNN); Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said that Tehran would be ready to submit its plan for a nuclear agreement to the United States in the coming days, after US President Donald Trump threatened military action.
“The next step for me is to present the draft of a possible deal to my counterparts in the US. I believe that within the next two or three days it will be ready, and after final confirmation by my superiors, it will be handed over to Steve Witkoff,” Araghchi said in an interview with the Morning Joe show on MSNBC.
Trump had said Iran had at most fifteen days to reach a deal regarding its nuclear program, warning that the US would take military action if no agreement was reached.
However, Araghchi emphasized that there is no ultimatum. “We only discuss how we can reach a fast deal, which is in the interest of both sides,” he said. He also clarified that US negotiators had not requested Iran to halt nuclear enrichment.
“What we are discussing now is ensuring that Iran’s nuclear program, including enrichment, is peaceful and will remain peaceful forever,” he added.
His remarks follow the second round of Oman-mediated talks between Washington and Tehran in Geneva, after an initial round on February 6 in Oman. Trump had previously suggested military action within ten days if no deal was reached, later extending it to fifteen days.
Washington continues to demand zero enrichment while also raising concerns about Iran’s ballistic missile program and alleged support for militant groups, issues strongly pushed by Israel. Iran denies seeking nuclear weapons but insists on the right to nuclear technology for civilian purposes.
Trump has deployed significant US naval forces to the Gulf region, describing them as an “armada,” while Iranian naval forces conducted military drills near the Strait of Hormuz.



































































