ISLAMABAD (MNN); The opposition alliance Tehreek-i-Tahafuz-i-Ayin-i-Pakistan announced on Wednesday that it was calling off its multi-day sit-in outside Parliament House held over concerns about former prime minister Imran Khan’s health.
Despite ending the protest, the alliance reiterated its demand that the jailed PTI founder be granted access to his personal physicians and allowed meetings with his family members.
Addressing the media after a Supreme Court hearing related to Imran Khan’s cases, Senate Opposition Leader Allama Raja Nasir Abbas, flanked by National Assembly Opposition Leader Mehmood Khan Achakzai, PTI Chairman Gohar Ali Khan and PTI Secretary General Salman Akram Raja, said there had been slight improvement in Imran’s condition.
“By the grace of God, there is some improvement compared to before, when his vision had almost completely gone,” Abbas said, adding that even minor progress was welcome.
However, he criticised the government for not taking Imran’s family and personal doctors into confidence. He insisted that Dr Aasim Yusuf and Dr Faisal Sultan should be allowed to independently examine the former premier.
Abbas announced that with the start of Ramazan, the alliance had decided to end the sit-in, but warned that TTAP could adopt further measures if necessary. He urged the authorities to allow Imran’s personal doctors access, saying global concerns had been raised about his health.
He also demanded that Imran be allowed to meet his sisters and termed the family’s request for treatment at Shifa International Hospital in Islamabad as legitimate, noting that the hospital had independent and competent doctors.
Recalling earlier reports of serious vision loss in Imran’s right eye, Abbas alleged that Adiala Jail authorities failed to provide timely medical care, calling it a “crime” and announcing plans to approach the court.
He further claimed that Parliament House gates were closed and lawmakers were confined to lodges, while cases under terrorism charges were registered against TTAP members. Abbas said Achakzai had even vowed to go on a hunger strike if reports of complete blindness had proven true.
Earlier, TTAP leaders reached the Supreme Court to express solidarity with Imran during the hearing of his cases. The alliance had also issued five immediate and unconditional demands, including full and confidential access for Imran’s personal doctors, sharing of all medical reports, independent medical opinion without government pressure, regular follow-ups and written clarification over any delay in treatment.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court, headed by Justice Hashim Khan Kakar and comprising Justice Salahuddin Panhwar and Justice Ishtiaq Ibrahim, adjourned multiple cases related to Imran Khan indefinitely.
The court rejected PTI leader Latif Khosa’s request for a meeting with Imran, with Justice Kakar remarking that the court could not order such a meeting in a criminal case. The bench also issued a notice to the Election Commission of Pakistan and deferred proceedings in the cipher case and a Rs10 billion defamation case filed by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif.
Separately, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Sohail Afridi announced the formation of a “Free Imran Khan Force” to launch what he described as a peaceful movement for Imran’s release. He said the force would include youth, professionals and members of various PTI wings, and would be dissolved after Imran’s release.
According to medical reports shared earlier, Imran’s right eye had partial vision, which improved with glasses. However, his family and the opposition alliance rejected the official report and continued to demand regular and independent medical access.



































































